Fall seems synonymous with pumpkin, and more specifically pumpkin spice flavored items. In a recent trip to my local market I see Pumpkin Spice Latte M&Ms. So of course I needed to try it in a cookie. I’ve reworked a previous pumpkin cookie we’ve had on the blog, it went well with these seasonal yummy candies. Enjoy!
1. Begin by setting your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In an electric mixer whip the following until it’s “light and airy”:
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
1 cup softened unsalted Butter
3. To the mixture combine well:
3/4 cup canned Pumpkin
1 beaten Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
4. The dry ingredients are next, combine these together and then add the dry mixture to your bowl and mix well:
2 cups all purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp fresh ground Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Salt
5. Fold in one package of Pumpkin Spice Latte M&Ms (it’s roughly 10 ozs).
Spoon generous tablespoons onto a baking sheet (I use nonstick baking mats in mine) and bake for 10 mins. These cookies don’t really spread out, but remain pretty much in the “footprint” you put them in. You’ll know they are done when the cookie gets a golden brown appearance on it’s edges.
These cookies are best eaten after a few hours as the cake-y cookie crumbles easily if it’s even remotely warn.
6. Pour yourself a glass of milk and let the nibbling begin.